There are 23 owner complaints spread out over 8 years, but the most belong to the 2003.
This generation ranks 14th in reliability out of 15 overall Porsche generations.
This generation has been recalled 27 times. It's also part of 1 investigations and has 184 TSBs.
- engine intermediate shaft bearing failed in the 2003 Boxster at 56063 miles
- engine intermediate shaft failure in the 2001 Boxster at 84000 miles
- engine ims failure in the 2002 Boxster at 55711 miles
- clutch clutch wears out at low miles in the 1999 Boxster at 22000 miles
- electrical alarm control unit got wet, water drain system failed in the 2000 Boxster at 34797 miles
- fuel system loss of engine power in the 2000 Boxster at 38525 miles