There are 20 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2006.
This generation ranks 13th in reliability out of 15 overall Porsche generations.
This generation has been recalled 6 times. It's also part of 21 investigations and has 167 TSBs.
- cooling system cooling system pipes overheating in the 2006 Cayenne at 77000 miles
- drivetrain driveshaft - center carrier bearing failure in the 2004 Cayenne at 134000 miles
- drivetrain grinding, squealing, and vibration during acceleration in the 2008 Cayenne at 30000 miles
- cooling system plastic coolant lines broke in the 2004 Cayenne at 75000 miles
- fuel system fuel pump stopped working in the 2009 Cayenne at 100000 miles
- engine engine randomly shuts off in the 2010 Cayenne at 20000 miles